Trials and tribulations of a patient in search of a bone marrow transplant

Home    -    About Steve    -    Become Aware    -    Contact Us

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Things as They Are

Steven's condition is deteriorating much more quickly than any of us had expected. He is now on oxygen full time. When he removes the mask to talk, he gasps for breath. He has almost stopped eating. But his sense of humor and his caring for others is still intact.

Although we had plans to bring him home, for his comfort, he decided he wanted to remain in the hospital. He said he was born there and he would just stay there now.

He is surrounded 24/7 by family. The family requests no more visitors at this time. Please direct any phone calls through a family member. We thank everyone who has supported Steven during this long ordeal that he fought so bravely.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of my thoughts and love are with Steve and the family. If I can be of help in any way please let me know.

Lara

September 18, 2008 at 8:51 PM

 
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

sending love and you are all in my thoughts

September 19, 2008 at 8:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was praying that the chemo would buy Steve some time to find another donor. All of my prayers and love are with You, Steve and the family. If I could give him my marrow I would do it in an instant! If there is anything you need please call me!

Love,
Lauren

September 19, 2008 at 10:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home